Friday, February 26, 2010

2/26/2010

Snow Day!!!! My town got blanketed with a thick layer of dense wet snow. We got about a foot total with some spots reaching into thee to four foot drifts! A good part of my morning involved shoveling snow. My mother woke me up at 10:00 and sent me outside to shovel with my dad who had already been outside for an hour. We have a plow on our four wheeler but it was not enough for the wet snow. It got stuck many times and we even had to have our neighbor come over with his snowblower.
Later on in the day I put my snowshoes on and went back into the woods for a nice workout. My shoes are trail/adventure shoes and not are not designed for running. I got a nice upper body workout and some work in my legs. My left knee still hurts to run which makes me upset. The trip through the woods lasted about thirty minutes. It was very slow going because of how deep the snow was. I thought that it was beautiful out! There is a video that I will post at the end of this post. Snow days are amazing and today was probably my final one as a high schooler. I will miss the magic of waking up and checking the news to see if our school is canceled. I helped to spread this magic to my youngest sister. Earlier in the morning me and her built an awesome snow cave and later on we had a snowball fight! It was a pretty fun morning.
The afternoon saw me on the computer just browsing around and taking surveys. I cashed out at one of my websites and I now have $10.50 in my paypal account! My mother, my sister and I went on an adventure after this. She had a doctors appointment, and afterwards we went to the mall. The mall was sweet and I got "THE BOX" from taco bell! The drive home from the mall was treacherous! Snow was pouring down heavily. We were going 30 miles per hour down 590! You could not even see the lines on the road! By the time we got to webster the roads were much better.

Some interesting tech news today:
  • First of all the JooJoo tablets ship date has been moved back to March 25th. This is the second delay that this company has seen. The tablet looks pretty sick and I am debating on whether to get one or not. Link to JooJoo's website https://thejoojoo.com/
  • Palm's mobile operating system, webOS has been updated to version 1.4 which has a slew of new features.
  • And a lot of little news about how computers are moving towards a different age, where there will be new ways of data input, such as touch screens. The product of this year is no doubt the Tablet PC. All of the major computer companies are building these machines. Apple with the iPad, Dell with the Mini 5 which is rumored to be the first of a family of tablets, ASUS, Acer, HP and Samsung are all working hard to develop the best product. Right now it is looking like Apple will have a large portion of the emerging "tablet" market.
There were also a few other news stories that interested me:
That is all for today
Until Later,
Garrett Black

No comments:

Post a Comment